here's a cookie recipe I've been working on for a while
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup butter, softened or melted.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted. Add 1/8-1/4 cups more if dough is sticky.
- 5 to 7oz baking chocolate, chopped. Use a mix of semi-sweet and white chocolate. Microwave it a little bit before chopping so it doesn't crumble
- lil bit of finishing salt
- mix sugar, butter, molasses and egg together until creamy. Mix the dry ingredients in, then mix the cholocate in.
- chill dough in fridge overnight, or at least 1h
- measure 35g of dough per cookie, roll them into a ball. Should be about 18 cookies
- put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, with good amount of space between them
- put some finishing salt on them
- bake at 375 degrees, 6 mins (or more or less depending on your oven)
- take out cookies when theyre starting to crack around the edges, and have internal temperature at least 190 degrees.
- leave cookies on the baking sheet until theyre completely cooled to room temperature
- Winter version: add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract